Of the 30,000 humanitarian organizations operating in Nepal, one tiny Nepalese NGO accomplished what no other mission could. Award-winning humanitarian journalist Debi Lang spent two years documenting the efforts of this humanitarian organization, which has made a significant impact in the lives of thousands of rural Nepalese villagers.
Hearts In The Himalayas profiles the efforts of Himalayan HealthCare (HHC), a driven and dedicated volunteer organization that, for the last twenty years has provided medical care, education, and income generation opportunities to the mostly forgotten people living in the remote foothills of the Ganesh-Himal mountain range.
HHC volunteers, led by tenacious co-founder Anil Parajuli and his dedicated Nepalese staff, endure harsh conditions and treacherous terrain during a trek to bring much needed medical and dental care to these areas. The film integrates compelling footage shot during an Everest-size expedition fraught by challenges with a powerful narrative as Parajuli takes them into the stunning beauty of the Himalayas which mask the brutal conditions and poverty the villagers face everyday.
The films was fully produced by Caring For The World Films. Directed by Debi Lang. Awards:
- Remi Award Winner
- Houston Worldfest
- Humanitarian Award and Official Selection of the Third World Indie Festival
- Award of Merit Film Accolades Competition
- International Academy of the Visual Arts Gold Communication Award of Excellence
- Silver Telly Award Cinematography
- Bronze Telly Award Editing
- Silver Omni Award Documentary
- Silver Omni Award Charitable Cause Genre
- Bronze Omni Award Directing
- Bronze Omni Award Cinematography
- Award of Merit Women Filmmaker Best Shorts Competition
- Best Impact Film Nominee (Social Impact Media Awards)
WARNING: THIS FILM CAN ONLY BE SCREENED WITH PERMISSION FROM CARING FOR THE WORLD FILMS AND FUNDRAISING EFFORTS ARE REQUIRED TO BENEFIT ONLY HIMALAYAN HEALTHCARE. http://himalayanhealthcare.org/
We will use all legal resources against those who violate the licensing and copyright laws that protect our intellectual property. Questions? Contact us at www.caringfortheworldfilms.org